Stair Klad Engineered Oak Bullnose Universal Tread 1070mm
This fully finished Oak Stairklad Universal Tread Bullnose will transform your staircase into a stylish centrepiece for your home, it is pre-finished, making it durable and easy to install as it simply glues to your existing staircase. Measures 1070mm (length) x 250mm (height) x 216mm (depth).
Stair Klad Stair Cladding Fitting Guide
Before you start your stair cladding installation please read the instructions fully and contact us if you have any queries.
- Before you start, ensure that your existing steps and riser boards are clean, dry and free from uneven defects. We suggest you thoroughly sand the steps to ensure you get a good sound base for your new Stair Klad Treads and Risers
- Measure the existing bullnose protrusion from the face of the existing riser board to the furthest point of the bullnose on the existing step. You can then cut packing strips from timber that will push the bottom of the Stair Klad Riser board out and in line with the end of your bullnose. We suggest that these packing strips are screwed into place for stability.
- Starting at the Top of the staircase, measure and cut three Stair Klad Risers to size and glue them onto the packing strips
- Measure the depth and width and cut a Stair Klad Tread to size. Apply a 10mm bead of Flexible Polymer Adhesive to the top of your existing step
- Press the Stair Klad Tread onto the Adhesive firmly ensuring the Stair Klad Riser fits securely into the groove on the bottom of the Stair Klad Tread
- Continue down the stairs fitting 3 riser boards first and then the treads.
- If you reach a mid-landing, then use the same method above but use Klad Extension Boards to cover the landing area. These are supplied with a tongue and groove on the long edges that slot into the back edge of the tread.
- If you have large Kite Winder Steps, then you may need to use the 1500mm wide Stair Klad Treads and Risers with Stair Klad Extension Boards. You can usually use 1000mm Treads and Risers with Extension Boards for triangular shaped winders no wider than 1000mm
- Fix the stair Klad treads and any joining riser boards first then cut the extension boards to size, apply a good amount of polymer adhesive and push the boards together until the area is covered. Do not put adhesive between the T&G joints.
- Work your way down the stairs to the bottom floor or use the Stair Klad Bottom Bullnose Step for cladding bullnose steps
You can download the Cheshire Mouldings StairKlad Instructions manual from here